Board & Staff
Board of Directors
John Martin ‘13, Board Chair Pillar+Aught
- John is an attorney and one of the founding members of Pillar+Aught, a full service law firm providing commercial and personal legal counsel with an extraordinarily high level of expertise and responsiveness. John lives in Hershey with his family, where he rides roller coasters and also serves as a board member on the Hershey History Center. John is an LC alum from the Class of 2013.
Scott Coburn ‘17, Incoming Chair PA Association of Township Supervisors
- Scott Coburn is the Counsel and Education Director for the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors, which represents the interests of about 1,450 townships around the state. Prior to that, he was in private practice in Philadelphia. He lives in Enola with his wife, Stacie, and their three daughters, Madison, Evelyn and Chelsea. When he’s not attending one of their activities, he is active with the Cumberland Valley Softball Association, referees high school basketball, and serves on the board of UCP of Central Pennsylvania.
David Metz, Past Chair Morgan Stanley
- David is a financial advisor at Morgan Stanley. He is currently serving as a board member for the Todd Baird Lindsey Foundation, and the YMCA, and board president at CALC. He lives in Boiling Springs with his wife Jennifer, and their two children, Owen and Kathryn.
Taylor Griffiths ‘16, Secretary Carlisle Barracks
Brooke Murphy ‘19, Treasurer SEK
- Brooke is a tax accountant with SEK CPAs & Advisors. She lives in Gardners with her husband Clint and their daughter Jillian.
George Book, West Shore Chamber of Commerce
- George is the President & CEO of the West Shore Chamber of Commerce. He has served in this role since 2012 but has been involved with the Chamber since 2000, previously managing a local financial services branch for 15 years. You can find George watching soccer or playing golf if he has free time.
Jay Cattron ‘20, Carlisle Family YMCA
- Jay is the Health & Wellness / Membership Director at the Carlisle Family YMCA. He holds a Sports and Exercise Science Degree and an Athletic Coaching Minor from Gannon University in Erie, PA. Jay was voted on the board by the 2020 Leadership Cumberland class. He also serves as the Pennsylvania State Chair for the United States Handball Association. He is from Western PA, but currently resides in Carlisle with his wife Heather and dog Gracie.
Michelle Crowley, Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce
- Michelle relocated to the Carlisle area in 1998 to run the Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce. Her plan was to only be with the chamber for about five years to move onto the next bigger market - but with so much going on in the Carlisle area she has stayed because every day brings a new opportunity. She has a great husband to step kids, a daughter in law and a beautiful new granddaughter, and two really funny cats. Michelle graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with her BS in Economics. She loves to golf, hike/walk, read, and quilt in her free time.
Shireen Farr, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corp.
- Shireen serves as COO for CAEDC, Cumberland County’s certified economic development agency and designated destination marketing organization. She also supports CAEDC’s real estate subsidiary, REC LLC. In her role, Shireen is passionate about promoting and advancing the overall economic health of Cumberland County and the Commonwealth’s fastest-growing County.
John Friend, Harrisburg University
- John serves as the Vice President for UG Admissions & Secondary Programs at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. John’s focus with the University is to expand partnerships with secondary schools and further expand the undergraduate classes at the university. He has an extensive background in public education as a teacher, school principal, Associate Superintendent, and Superintendent. John serves on the Jr. Leadership and Organizational Development committees.
Preeti Ghosh ‘20, Orrstown Bank
Preeti is the Branch Executive Officer with Orrstown Bank. She also serves on the Board for Girls on the Run. She resides in Enola with her husband Supriyo, two daughters Amaya and Kaya, and her two Yorkie boys Cesar and Maximus. She loves running, cooking, all things animals, and travel. In her spare time, she teaches Indian cooking classes at home.
Kelli Gift, PaySmart Payroll Services
- Kelli is a CPA and Managing Member of PaySmart Payroll Services as well as a Kolbe Certified Consultant. Kelli serves as the Committee Chair for the Junior Leadership Program. She grew up in Central PA and is passionate about improving our community outlook through supporting small businesses and educating local youth on leadership opportunities in the area.
Jason Maddux ‘15
- Jason is a longtime journalist who has been the editor of award-winning newspapers in Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. After stints at The Sentinel in Carlisle and PennLive/The Patriot-News, he served as editor of the Press & Journal in Middletown until it closed in 2020. He has served on newspaper association boards in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. He was a fellow in the Class of 2015 has served on the Leadership Cumberland board for the last 5 years. He is the chairperson of the LC curriculum committee. A graduate of Boston University, he lives in South Middleton Township with his wife and two children.
Dennette Moul ‘10, Dickinson College
- Dennette serves as the Director of Human Resource Services for Dickinson College where she is responsible for planning, project coordination, and efficient operations to meet current and future business needs with human resource services and the organization. Dennette is a Leadership Cumberland alumni, former chair of the curriculum committee, and a current member of the Leadership Cumberland board of directors. As a human resources professional for over 25 years, her progressive and varied human resources and organizational training backgrounds also allows her to serve as a guest faculty member for the Leadership Cumberland Fellows Program. She lives in the Carlisle area with her spouse and two children.
Safronia Perry ‘18, Hope Station
- Safronia Perry is the Executive Director of Hope Station, a non-profit organization in Carlisle, PA that serves low-income families. She served as a board member for two consecutive three-year terms. She was hired as the Interim Assistant Director in April of 2016 and then the Executive Director in August of 2017. She attended The University of Phoenix and majored in Psychology. She has also taken five Humanities classes at Messiah College, and is a 2018 graduate of Leadership Cumberland. She has served on various boards and committees such as Hope Station, Domestic Violence Services of Cumberland Perry Counties, Carlisle Victory Circle, Heart & Soul, and The National Coalition of 100 Black Women. She currently serves as a board member for Leadership Cumberland, The Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission Inter-task Force and chairperson for the Advisory Council, Carlisle CAN, Dickinson College Learning and Action, and serves as Commissioner for the Carlisle Human Relations Commission. She is
also running for Borough Council.
Kyle Petty ‘18, Orrstown Bank
Kyle is a financial planner at Orrstown Bank. He is an alumni of the 2018 Leadership Cumberland class. In addition to serving on the curriculum committee of Leadership Cumberland, he also serves on the board of the Carlisle Kiwanis Club as Treasurer. He lives in Dillsburg with his wife Harmony and their three children.
Morgan Rector ‘19, M&T Bank
- Morgan Rector is a Business & Professional Banker at M&T Bank. She is currently serving as a Board Member for CALC, Maranatha-Carlisle, and the YMCA. She lives Harrisburg with her husband Nathan. In their spare time, they love to travel. Morgan is an LC alum from the Class of 2019.
Justin Witmer ‘15, S&T Bank
Austin Wolfe ‘19, McNees Wallace & Nurick, LLC
- Austin is an attorney with McNees Wallace & Nurick, LLC where he practices in the Labor and Employment group. Austin’s law practice involves state and federal litigation, and counseling employers across a range of day-to-day issues arising in the workplace. He serves on the Leadership Cumberland Marketing Committee, as well as the board of directors of the Mechanicsburg Cemetery Association. Austin lives in Hampden Township, where he can often be found eating ice cream and chasing around his two young sons.
Executive Director, Leadership Cumberland
Nicole Deary became the Executive Director of Leadership Cumberland in February of 2017, while she was a fellow in leadership program. She considers her current role to be her greatest achievement because she gets to inspire people to become the best versions of themselves.
She previously held positions with the Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce as their Marketing Director and Events Coordinator. Her passion for the non-profit sector came from a prior position at Project SHARE as their media and business development manager.
Nicole holds two degrees from Shippensburg University; a Bachelor’s in Communications/Public Relations and a Master’s in Communication. She has over 17 years of experience in events, marketing, fundraising, and development.
Nicole and her husband, Mark, live in Carlisle with their two children, Hayley and Mason, and their two dogs, Boston and Otis.