Board & Staff
Board of Directors
John Martin ‘13, Board Chair Pillar+Aught
- John is an attorney and one of the founding members of Pillar+Aught, a full service law firm providing commercial and personal legal counsel with an extraordinarily high level of expertise and responsiveness. John lives in Hershey with his family, where he rides roller coasters and also serves as a board member on the Hershey History Center. John is an LC alum from the Class of 2013.
Scott Coburn ‘17, Incoming Chair PA Association of Township Supervisors
- Scott Coburn is the Counsel and Education Director for the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors, which represents the interests of about 1,450 townships around the state. Prior to that, he was in private practice in Philadelphia. He lives in Enola with his wife, Stacie, and their three daughters, Madison, Evelyn and Chelsea. When he’s not attending one of their activities, he is active with the Cumberland Valley Softball Association, referees high school basketball, and serves on the board of UCP of Central Pennsylvania.
David Metz, Past Chair Morgan Stanley
- David is a financial advisor at Morgan Stanley. He is currently serving as a board member for the Todd Baird Lindsey Foundation, and the YMCA, and board president at CALC. He lives in Boiling Springs with his wife Jennifer, and their two children, Owen and Kathryn.
Taylor Griffiths ‘16, Secretary Carlisle Barracks
Brooke Murphy ‘19, Treasurer SEK
- Brooke is a tax accountant with SEK CPAs & Advisors. She lives in Gardners with her husband Clint and their daughter Jillian.
George Book, West Shore Chamber of Commerce
Jay Cattron ‘20, Carlisle Family YMCA
- Jay is the Health & Wellness / Membership Director at the Carlisle Family YMCA. He holds a Sports and Exercise Science Degree and an Athletic Coaching Minor from Gannon University in Erie, PA. Jay was voted on the board by the 2020 Leadership Cumberland class. He also serves as the Pennsylvania State Chair for the United States Handball Association. He is from Western PA, but currently resides in Carlisle with his wife Heather and dog Gracie.
Michelle Crowley, Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce
Shireen Farr, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corp.
- Shireen serves as COO for CAEDC, Cumberland County’s certified economic development agency and designated destination marketing organization. She also supports CAEDC’s real estate subsidiary, REC LLC. In her role, Shireen is passionate about promoting and advancing the overall economic health of Cumberland County and the Commonwealth’s fastest-growing County.
John Friend, Harrisburg University
- John serves as the Vice President for UG Admissions & Secondary Programs at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. John’s focus with the University is to expand partnerships with secondary schools and further expand the undergraduate classes at the university. He has an extensive background in public education as a teacher, school principal, Associate Superintendent, and Superintendent. John serves on the Jr. Leadership and Organizational Development committees.
Preeti Ghosh ‘20, Orrstown Bank
Kelli Gift, PaySmart Payroll Services
- Kelli is a CPA and Managing Member of PaySmart Payroll Services as well as a Kolbe Certified Consultant. Kelli serves as the Committee Chair for the Junior Leadership Program. She grew up in Central PA and is passionate about improving our community outlook through supporting small businesses and educating local youth on leadership opportunities in the area.
Jason Maddux ‘15
- Jason is a longtime journalist who has been the editor of award-winning newspapers in Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. After stints at The Sentinel in Carlisle and PennLive/The Patriot-News, he served as editor of the Press & Journal in Middletown until it closed in 2020. He has served on newspaper association boards in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. He was a fellow in the Class of 2015 has served on the Leadership Cumberland board for the last 5 years. He is the chairperson of the LC curriculum committee. A graduate of Boston University, he lives in South Middleton Township with his wife and two children.
Dennette Moul ‘10, Dickinson College
- Dennette serves as the Director of Human Resource Services for Dickinson College where she is responsible for planning, project coordination, and efficient operations to meet current and future business needs with human resource services and the organization. Dennette is a Leadership Cumberland alumni, former chair of the curriculum committee, and a current member of the Leadership Cumberland board of directors. As a human resources professional for over 25 years, her progressive and varied human resources and organizational training backgrounds also allows her to serve as a guest faculty member for the Leadership Cumberland Fellows Program. She lives in the Carlisle area with her spouse and two children.
Safronia Perry ‘18, Hope Station
Kyle Petty ‘18, Orrstown Bank
Morgan Rector ‘19, M&T Bank
Justin Witmer ‘15, S&T Bank
Austin Wolfe ‘19, McNees
Executive Director, Leadership Cumberland
Nicole Deary became the Executive Director of Leadership Cumberland in February of 2017, while she was a fellow in leadership program. She considers her current role to be her greatest achievement because she gets to inspire people to become the best versions of themselves.
She previously held positions with the Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce as their Marketing Director and Events Coordinator. Her passion for the non-profit sector came from a prior position at Project SHARE as their media and business development manager.
Nicole holds two degrees from Shippensburg University; a Bachelor’s in Communications/Public Relations and a Master’s in Communication. She has over 17 years of experience in events, marketing, fundraising, and development.
Nicole and her husband, Mark, live in Carlisle with their two children, Hayley and Mason, and their two dogs, Boston and Otis.
Marketing Coordinator, Leadership Cumberland
In July of 2020, Noelle Barrick was hired as the Marketing Coordinator for Leadership Cumberland. She has, however, been doing freelance marketing work for Leadership Cumberland since January of 2019.
Prior to her position at Leadership Cumberland, Noelle was the Constituent Outreach Specialist for a local State Representative. She holds an Associate Degree in Specialized Technology from The Art Institute of York - Pennsylvania.
Noelle and her husband, Chris, reside in Boiling Springs with their two young children, Hudson and Holden.