2021-2022 Junior Leadership Cumberland Application Guidelines
The application guidelines are to be reviewed before completing your application form. Participants must be able to meet participation requirements (below). Note the session dates and ensure no scheduling conflicts before completing your application and acceptance into the program.
The program is open to Juniors during the 2021-2022 school year.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Must be enrolled as a High School Junior in the Fall of 2021.
- Passionate for serving school and community in leadership positions for the greater good.
- Commitment to attend 100% of program sessions and be an active participant, as stated in the participation requirements (below).
- Be responsible for missing one day of school per month from September through May and making up academic responsibilities.
Every participant of the Junior Leadership Cumberland (JLC) is expected to complete the following requirements:
- Attend the MANDATORY retreat in its entirety. Parents are requested for the first hour. The retreat will be Sunday, September 26, 2021.
- Attendance is MANDATORY at ALL six program sessions. NOTE: Please review the dates below in the application.
- Participate in a minimum of one Community Service project with the group on a Saturday.
- Attendance in graduation on May 13, 2022 from 8:00am-9:30am is a requirement of the program.
- Applicants are responsible for their transportation to and from all sessions and JLC events.
- Participants are required to complete the homework between sessions.
All applications are reviewed by the JLC Committee. The committee will notify applicants in early July of their status.
The current tuition is $100.00 due upon acceptance into the JLC program in July. Tuition in JLC has been reduced greatly thanks to the generosity of individuals, local businesses, and service organizations. The actual value of the program is $450 per student.
Scholarships are available based on financial need.
- Read the application guidelines.
- Please be sure to fill out & sign the application below.
- School advisor approval form
All parts of the application with appropriate signatures are due by May 28, 2021.
Questions or concerns can be directed to your school counselor/advisor or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.