JLC Scholarship Application
Each year Junior Leadership Cumberland awards a $1,000 scholarship to one graduate of the program planning to attend a post-secondary institution. The scholarship will be paid directly to the institutions where the recipient is pursuing further education and/or training. Please submit your completed application by March 4, 2022.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS
- Complete and submit the following scholarship application form.
- In looking at all your awards, civic/social activities, and employment opportunities consider the five that have had the greatest influence on your life to date.
- Compose an essay (no less than 350 and no more than 500 words) that answers the question/addresses the topic on the form. Essays will be reviewed on the following criteria: correct grammar and punctuation; topic development; knowledge of the topic; and creativity and relatability to a variety of audiences. These requirements must be followed for consideration, otherwise, the application may be rejected.
- We recommend you type up your information in a word document prior to transferring it into the form so you can save a copy of your scholarship packet materials for your records.
- The entire packet must be received no later than March 4, 2022.
- If you have any questions or need clarification, please email your question(s) to email@example.com.
AWARDS, ACTIVITIES & EMPLOYMENT
Please list five awards, civic/social activities, and employment opportunities that have had the greatest influence on your life to date.
What element of Junior Leadership Cumberland has made the most impact on your educational goals since you graduated from the program?